Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Campinas Surpasses Fortaleza in March!

"Oi,

We had a multi-zone conference yesterday in Piracicaba!!!! I was super excited to return to the best city I ever served in! We had a lot of practices and trainings and we learned a lot. We also had interviews with the president.

This will be interesting. There's a soda called Guarana Jesus in the state of Maranhao in the north of Brazil. Elden Diniz was from the Maranhao and has been missing Guarana Jesus ever since he got to Campinas. So when we met some investigators from Maranhao here in Sumare, I asked them about Guarana Jesus and they got some. We drank it and I gave a bottle to Elder Diniz! He was really excited and I knew he would like it.

We are teaching Raimundo and Ivonete and they are super excited about the gospel. They are really seeing changes in their lives. They are getting everything ready to be married and baptized at the end of the month of May.

That's an interesting letter from Casey (Bangerter). Our mission has always been the way his mission is becoming. Pres Castro Deus has always, always, always emphasized worthiness and obedience before anything. Baptisms usually come as a result of obedience, but whether we baptize or not, because of obedience, we are worthy of eternal life. The Brazil Campinas Mission has risen from dead last to become the 6th most baptizing mission in Brazil in under two years...and we'll just keep rising. Fortaleza (Casey's mission) is historically the highest baptizing mission, but in March we surpassed them. This goes to show the truth of what Casey is learning.

The mission sent us a photo of the whole mission when Elder Cook visited here in Campinas and I'll forward it to you.

I'm going to find some glasses to buy so as to rest my eyes. I talked with Sister Castro Deus and she said that would be best. Everyone makes fun of the glasses I have so I just used the contacts and my eyes have started to hurt.

I'll work out everything for Mother's Day. To be honest I'm shocked that it's already here. It feels like yesterday was Christmas Day. This will be the last phone call and then I'm home!! This phone call can only be with you two, alright. Pres. hasn't said yet, but I bet it's only for 30 or 40 minutes.

I love you all. Ate mais,

Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: