Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Hummingbird in the Hand....

"Oi!

I'll write my letter by answering your questions.

Our house isn't as good as it was in Rio Claro. But it's just the two of us now. We live underneath the house of a family of members who are wonderful and help us a lot. I'm also happy because they have two dogs, one talking parrot, and a little bird that can sing La Cucaracha and the Addam's Family Theme. You might not believe it, but I held a hummingbird in my hand the other day. I never thought I could get so close to a hummingbird!

My companion is another story. I'm really confused about this guy. He is 25, has been a member since age 20. He is probably the smartest person I've ever met. He works well, especially with people and makes friends easily. He is very bold, something that probably comes with his maturity. He teaches very well, and it seems that the members here trust him. But he doesn't want to qualify. He says he doesn't want to be senior because it's annoying, too much of a hassel.

Easter was like any other day. We worked and taught and found new people to teach. We had church, then lunch, then ward counsel, then we taught a very spiritual lesson to a wonderful family for whom we have great expectations. You need to put their names in the temple after you read this email, because yesterday we had another spiritual lesson with them and they said they didn't want us to return to teach them. Cassumiro, Edsan, Cleber, and Christian. We have fasted and prayed that this family, together with another ....Fabiula, Pedro, and Carol may be baptized in this month of April. Please pray for them as well. Easter is celebrated here, but its just a big dance party with immorality and drugs and barbeque like any other holiday here.

Yes, I play the piano in sacrament meeting. In fact, I gained a lot of the bishop's trust by offering to play the piano right off the bat.

Thanks for the rice crispies, turtles, and jelly bellies. I would love more of these and especially more sour patch kids and starbursts. But these are just wants, I don't have any needs.

I love you all. Ate mais!

No comments: