Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Zone, New District, New Assignment

"Oi,

Well, I got transferred! It's a blessing! I got transferred to one of the best zones & to a very good area. The only thing now is, if I don't baptize here, I'm up the river without a paddle. This ward is super nice, very excited and loving. We had a family night yesterday after mission conference and I made friends with a bunch of members. I think we'll have success here.

I got transferred to a city called Sumare, Nova Veneza Ward. My comp is Elder Damaceno from Manaus. I got a promotion of sorts. I'm the District Leader "Interviewer". It doesn't have the same effect in English. I don't have to give trainings anymore, thank goodness. Now I'm specifically designated to interview the baptismal candidates in our zone, which is good because I love to do baptismal interviews! Elder Carvalhal and Elder Barreto both got transferred too. It's not often that both missionaries get transferred. Elder Carvalhal was transferred to be the Zone Leader where I am now. I'm super happy about that!

Today we went to the temple, and my comp didn't remember how to get there. I found out that I know more or less how to navigate Campinas, because we found the bus stop just fine. I ran into a member from Campo Grande, Nielson. In fact he called to me from across the road....LARSEN! LARSEN! I was surprised that he remembered my name. At the temple Zilda, also from Campo Grande, was there. She says she is still anxious to see you guys. I think we need to start planning a trip down here in the summer of 2010. Even cooler, when we got to the bus stop a member from another stake here stopped and gave us a ride. His name is Marcello and he is a nurse in Vinhedo.

General Conference was wonderful! I got to watch all the sessions, but in Portuguese. This stake didn't have an English room. Did you know that Elders Scott and Christofferson speak Portuguese? (I knew about E. Scott, but not E. Christofferson) They record their talks in their own voice in the language instead of using a translator. It was cool to hear them speaking in Portuguese. Anderson was my 2nd choice. He is super humble. He'll be wonderful.

I got your packages....three big boxes. The whole mission is still envious of me. Thank You.

I'm super excited, and very happy! Pray that we baptize here! I love you all.

Elder Christian

No comments: