Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 Year Mission Baptism Record

"This week was tough, but we're happy!

The mission broke a record. We got the highest number of baptisms for one week in the last 10 years. The mission as a whole baptized 69 people!

Friday we have transfers, but it doesn't look like much is going to change in the whole mission. We're afraid that Elder Clark will get transferred (to be assistant) but we think that everyone else will stay put.

Today has already been great. We had breakfast at a member's house in the other ward and he made pancakes with the Krusteaz stuff you sent me. He just got back from vacation in the US so he's rich. He made pancakes and scrambled eggs and bacon. I used the last of the Lawford's Maple Cream Syrup which is considered by all of us to be the best maple syrup on the face of the planet!

Saturday Elder Clark's ward had a baptism and we helped. We sang with Elder Clark and Elder Bradford in a choir for the special musical number. Out of the 17 baptisms marked between the two of us, only that one happened...sad huh! But, oh well, we did our part, this I know.

Last Thursday, we prepared an inspired lesson about the priesthood for Antonio, Roseli, and Jader. When we walked in, the first thing she said to us was that it would be our last visit! Even before we got to the baptismal invite, she said that she was certain that she would never get baptized in our church, EVEN THOUGH she knows that everything we taught is true. So, we taught and bore testimony and personal experiences and invited them all to be baptized. They rejected, but in the closing prayer we felt the greatest sense of peace. We felt the Holy Ghost confirm to us with power that we had done all that was required of us, and that their future was in the hands of the Lord.

I also felt a peace similar to that as I looked at the roses in our neighbor's yard. I remember the garden that we have and feel like I can comprehend the perfection of God. The mission is pretty good!

I'm happy and love you all.

Elder Christian

1 comment:

Trev and Anj said...

Hey, I found your blog through Google -- thank you for your service in Campinas. I served there about 10 years ago...I received an email yesterday from a convert who I haven't heard from since my mission. She wants to be re-activated and wants to get her husband and kids into the church. She lives in Braganca Paulista. You know if there is an email address for the mission office so I can send a referral, address, etc.?

Keep up the great work.