Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Parrot Poop and Motab Hymns!!

"Oi!

This week has been good...this last weekend in particular. These past few weeks were slow until Friday. We just dropped everything and walked our entire area teaching two minute lessons on the Restoration to anyone we saw. We marked appointments for this entire week and we've found some good families. One family is really good. They are really needy though, but that makes them humble. Their names are Antonio, Roseli, and a son Jader. We will also return to a family today and I hope all goes well. We taught the wife the first lesson and we'll teach the husband tonight. I pray that works out because they really are a good family. What may impede them is that she works on Sunday. Their names are Gilmar and Luiana.

Here is some other good news! Joao Batista came to church on Sunday!!! I expect he'll also come to at least one session of conference too! He is wonderful. His wife and daughter are still resisting to be taught, but he is firm.

Some more good news...remember Aparacida, whom Elder Hancock and I baptized. Well, her oldest son, Eduardo, has started coming to church! I was blown away when I saw him there. That is a good sign! We can only teach him on weekends, but I bet he'll go to conference and then we'll invite him to be baptized along with his dad, Luiz, who continues to go to church. I bet, if Eduardo gets baptized, Luiz will also and that family will be complete and will be able to be sealed in the temple in one year.

We had a Church Exhibition on the Square on Saturday. We set up a huge banner that we used in the open house and we had the four of us missionaries and about five members giving out cards and questioning people about their beliefs and whether they'd like a visit from the missionaries. We got about 30 references from that...some have already fallen through, but it was a good activity. We gave out almost 500 pass along cards, some of which I'm sure will turn into references. During the activity I got pooped on by a wild parrot. I didn't like the poop, but I thought it was cool that it was a wild parrot!!!

Speaking about parrots, have I told you about our parrot next door? He can whistle the Brazilian National Anthem and is learning the MoTab Hymns now!

We are SUPER excited for conference. There is nothing better than this! We'll get to watch everything in English, and we'll even get to watch it here in Vinhedo. We would normally have to go to the stake center in Itatiba which is a pain in the butt! But we can watch it here now.

I realized that I was close to the year mark, but I didn't realize how close until you said it was only 6 weeks away! NOSSA! Time has flown by and continues to fly!

We're working really really hard and we're happy. I love you."

Elder Christian.

No comments: