Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ten Investigators at Conference

"Oi!

We just got back from the temple and the mission office. Holy cow, those were some heavy packages! lol!

This week has been nuts. Conference was amazing. I got to watch all five sessions in English. The best was priesthood. I enjoyed all of Pres. Uchtdorf's talks and I don't know how, but Pres. Eyring's talks always are directed to me, without fail. You should have seen our faces when Pres. Monson announced the Italy Rome temple. The four of us were astonished! That is so cool!

We were able to take 10 investigators to watch conference this past weekend. I was really proud of that. I didn't realize that we had 10 until Monday night when we ran into Aparacida and she told us that Luiz and Eduardo went to the priesthood session Saturday night.

Our district leader has been worried that we haven't been able to mark any baptisms for awhile, so he did a training on the baptismal invitation and called us to practice first . In that practice I felt the spirit as strong as I've ever felt here in my mission. That was a powerful testimony to me that we are doing very well and doing things right. We are working hard, everything will happen in the time of the Lord. We have marked one family to be baptized on the 18th...Antonio, Roseli, and Jader. They are awesome. We just met them and they went to church the first week we invited them and they know this is true.

The exciting thing this week is Elder Bradford's old area. They baptized 11 this past Saturday. Dad, can you imagine that ever happening in Germany! Eleven people in one baptismal service!

I read the email from Casey about casting out evil spirits...that's intense. I read it aloud to everyone in our house. Up north in Brazil they have a lot of problems with that kind of stuff. I've heard of it here in our mission, too, but it's not nearly as common.

Well, I'm sure tired. I'm going to go home and rest and do laundry before pday ends. I love you all. Tschau! Tschau!

Elder Christian

No comments: