Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Companion, New Goals

"Elder Rossi was transferred and now I'm with Elder McEwen from California. He is a great Elder and I am going to learn so much from him. I think this transfer will be by far the best yet. Also Elder M. Naschimento, our old zone leader was made Assistant. He is awesome! I got permission to open the package with Elder Rossi's oil vial there at the chapel, so I was able to give it to him. I also gave Elder Miranda the pistachios that were in that package and slyly distributed the cliff bars and gummy worms to some friends and all the elders on the bus back to Piricicaba. Everyone was pretty happy with me after that! Oh, and I got the slacks and I'm wearing them right now. They're great! We also got the pancakes...that's going to be fun. I think I'll try to make them tomorrow morning.

Do you remember that trick that they pulled on me when I first arrived? Well, we're pulling it again on Elder MckEwen. It's going to be funny! I'll let you know.

We have a few new things here in Campinas. First, the the Ammon Pattern of Excellance which includes two baptisms per week, ten investigators at church each Sunday, and fourteen new investigators each week. I am really excited to fulfill this new goal. We are far from it...as are most of the missionaries here, but it's very possible, and I have full confidence that somehow we'll pull it off. The other new thing is the Qualification System. The president put together a list of qualifications for senior missionaries according to Preach My Gospel. He wants us to improve in application and grow in knowledge about Preach My Gospel. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERY PROSPECTIVE MISSIONARY TO QUALIFY HIMSELF ACCORDING TO THIS PATTERN BEFORE HE LEAVES!! This would be an excellent thing for a priest's quorum or mission prep. class. This is an excellent pattern and Elder McEwen and I are working to pass ourselves very soon.
Tchau Tchau Elder Christian

No comments: