Friday, July 25, 2008

Great Week.....More Baptisms

"This week was a great week too! We went to the temple on Wednesday and that night we scheduled another baptism that took place on Saturday. It was the daughter of another family that has to get married. I was the one that baptized! Her name is Raquel and she 14. We are trying to schedule her parents marriage so the they can get baptized too. We've also scheduled the baptism of Diane's little brother for this Saturday. Her mom wants to get baptized, but can't because her husband doesn't want to get married. We're praying hard for them.....Jefferson and Kelly. The mom, Diane, and her little brother Victor, are awesome. We went and woke them up Sunday and reminded them about church, because they weren't going to go. Then, when it looked like they had missed the bus, and Jefferson refused to give them a ride, they set off to walk to church (which is a very long way, uphill....I've already walked it). That was when Jefferson was nice and gave them a ride. I was so proud of them! They were willing to walk all that way! YAY!

Sunday was amazingly stressful. Can you send me a car and a cell phone (that doesn't run out of minutes in two days! lol, just kidding). What happened was that was the day of Raquel's confirmation and we had arranged for a member to meet us at another investigator's house to pick him up. We arranged for a different member to come by a bit later to pick us up, but the first member showed up 1/2 hour late and because we were stuck with the investigator, we didn't have any way to let the second member know. Well, the first member arrived and we got to the church and walked in right at the moment that the bishop announced the confirmation, so we just walked straight up to the stand! Holy Cow! I have to find some stress management techniques, because that just about did me in! And when the second member came up to give me a bad time about not showing up for the ride, that was even worse, but when I told him what happened, he seemed sorry and his wife said she would give us a box of chocolates. Ha Ha. But the best part was during Sunday School, when I was trying to settle down from all of this, the 1st counselor came in and asked me to play the piano for the primary....and that was exactly what I needed! I was good after that.

Elder Tobias, a general authority is touring the mission on July 29th . I don't have any idea who he is, but it will be cool.

We found a big gecko running around our bathroom this morning. When we got home from Campinas he was on his back with his feet in the air...dead.

Thanks for everything! I love you and the work! Keep praying for me! Tchau!
Ate logo, Elder C. Larsen.

No comments: