Wednesday, April 2, 2008

President Kimball Street Sign


"I thought you might enjoy seeing this street sign. Do we have any streets in SLC named after church presidents? There's one here for Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and James Faust, too. Pretty neat, huh!
No, we don't have hot water yet. They don't have water heaters here. They have some thing that goes on the shower to heat the water, and that is what is broken...and everything is a do it yourself type thing down here. We aren't being shocked though, so I guess that the managers of our apartment complex fixed that.
I didn't get your package yet. I checked the mission office just a few hours ago. I think it's because we have a postal service strike here. Please put that on the blog to let others know why they might not have gotten letters from me lately.
We do get to watch general conference, except for maybe the priesthood session, because that goes from 8-10 pm here, and we're supposed to be in our houses by 9 pm. I hope the president will make an exception for this.
We have an older lady, her daughter and granddaughters that we hope to baptise this Sunday. They came to church for a while, but weren't too excited about it. Then she kept having problem after problem in her life. Her son, who is a member, gave her a copy of the March Liahona about the Savior. She read it and immediately gained a strong testimony and now wants her son to baptise her. We have three other families that we are working with, but each has a problem to overcome at this point.
To Tiffany and everybody at Dr. Nelson's office: I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm really surprised to hear that I was one of your favorite patients. That makes me feel really good, thank you. I'm grateful for your support and prayers, and hope to hear from you once in a while. I don't have a retainer to worry about. Yahoo!!! My companion went to a dentist here who studied in Utah and worked for a Dr. Wilkinson. His office was in the old 5 points mall. Crazy! Small world! Ate mais!
The mission is good, I keep going. I can't wait for general conference. I expect to be transfered, and I miss you guys. The church is true and I know that our Savior lives and loves us. Ate mais!" Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: