Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Companions, New Digs

"Living with Elders (l to r) Santos, Segura, Larsen, I'm learning patience. I thought that I had patience before, but I'm learning more and more here that I didn't. I really like all of them. I think Elder Santos is still growing on me. He jokes and stuff, but is really hardnosed, too. But he is a good missionary. I don't know why he isn't smiling in this picture, but that kinda, only kinda reflects his personality. Elder Segura is always nice and fun, but he knows what is important. Elder Larsen is really focused , but he is the most rowdy, too. I should tell you that Elder Larsen really devours the Cliff bars, even though they give him gas, haha! Our house has cockroaches, but I haven't seen any of them yet. Everyone else has except for me... weird, huh!

Ok, please pray hard for my faith and that the hearts of the people here will be opened and they will accept our invitations to be baptised. The president has established a new rule, that every Saturday night the baptismal font will be filled and the ward will know that there will be a baptism. He wants our focus to be on weekly baptisms. It scares me a little. I don't know if I have the faith and energy, but I will go and do! We have a baptism pretty much wrapped up for this Saturday. Its a boy of 11 years who has been coming to church with a member family for the past two months straight. Our other families...one hasn't been able to come to church because he keeps getting called to work, but he is awesome! He knows that this is true and wants to be baptized, he just needs to come to church and get married to her! Good heck, nobody is married here!!! She is the problem...she is afraid to get married. If these things happened I am certain we can baptise them and their six children. Another family has been having health problems lately and they haven't been to church because he has been in the hospital and she has been attending to him. She and her daughter could be baptized this week. They have already been to church and have a lot of faith, but the others of the family still need to come to church. We are working hard with them. Still another family, she wants to be baptized, but just needs to get married. And, another that we will start teaching tonight is pure gold. They should be ready. They've lost three children and the plan of salvation is just for them. Pray that they will accept! We simply need these people to progress and we need to meet more people that are prepared. These are our needs!

That's awesome about Steve! SOUTH AFRICA! That really stinks about Cory's dental ordeal! That might mean that he will serve stateside, but I have prayed that he would come here, because by the time he gets here I could be his trainer. Tell everyone, I will write. The postal strike here was a pain.

Oh! I have news about the Mother's Day phone call WAHOOO! You'll have to call a member's home here. I'll give you the number and that Sunday we'll do a test call. Elder Larsen will pick up your test call and I'll pick up his parents' test call. You'll get to call the bishop's house here. His wife is really excited, because she really wants to thank you for the hymnbook. I am so excited! It's less than one month away!

I got two packages today...obrigado! We are going to a churrascoria today! YAY! (note: a churrascoria is a restaurant like Rodizio Grill).

So that's it for me! Thanks for everything and pray that I'll have faith and energy. Eu te amo! Ate mais! "

Elder Larsen #1

No comments: