Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Deja Vu.........

"Well, I was not transferred, but Elder Miranda was....and take a guess at who my new companion is!!!....Elder Larsen!!!! No, I'm not alone, remember that other Elder Larsen I knew in the CTM. Well, he is my new companion now. I still laugh at it! It's really funny. Our ward won't know what to do. Elder Larsen and Elder Larsen (yes, his name is spelled with an e also). It's so cool! We also moved in with our zone leaders. Our house is really close to them, but if we live there we will cut our travel time by about 30 min. So we have hot water now! But, aside from that, he doesn't know my area and he has been out for only one more transfer than I, so I really feel like we're two juniors that lost their seniors. I'm learning so much because before Elder Miranda basically did everything, and now I'm thrown into greater responsibility. My comp is technically senior, but there is so little difference between the two of us that it doesn't even matter. We had a mission conference to do the transfers. This has never happened before, the entire mission has never met together at once before. It was really, really good. The best was walking into the chapel and seeing the members of my old CTM district. When they saw me they were super happy and we hugged and laughed and everything. We all ate lunch together as a district when lunch time came. It was just like old times (well, only five months ago). Elder Benson told me that he and Elder Brewer were in the same zone and when they got the news that the entire mission would meet, Elder Brewer was like, "Dude, we're going to get to see Elder Larsen!!!" That made me feel really good!

As for general conference, it was amazing! We had to go to the stake center to watch it, but that wasn't hard, because we live in that area. All the American elders watched it in English in the relief society room while everybody else was in the chapel. I got to watch every session and had to wake up a 4 am to watch the retransmission of the priesthood session in English. That was so awesome to see President Monson wiggle his ears.

I have pictures to send, but all my stuff is at my old house and we slept in our new house last night, so I'll have to send them next week. You have no idea how much I want a scone now that you told me you made them. OOOOHHH!

I love you and I am so grateful for you. Please pray that we will have the spirit to guide us and strengthen us and that we will be able to speak a lot of Portuguese. The church is true. Jesus Christ lives and loves us. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. Ate mais!"
Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: