Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Elders Larsen #1 and #2

"Elder Larsen (the new E. Larsen) is awesome, although right now I feel like the boring quiet elder here. (There are four elders with E. Segura & E. Santos). But I guess that's just my personality. I'll grow into it. I'm getting much better at Portuguese too, which is kind of surprising as now I have an American comp. But he is amazing at the language. I don't know how he's done it. I like the fact that we can speak in English and Portuguese whenever we want.

Elder Larsen played hockey and soccer back home. He is from Vernal. He has a shih tzu named Sophie whom he misses more than anything. He has a little brother named Christian. He plays the piano, paints, and draws very well. His scriptures are green just like mine. He has a girlfriend at home. The ward can hardly believe that they have two Elder Larsens. Everyone asks if we are brothers and everyone calls us #1 and #2. What was interesting and really special to me was that so many people in the ward told me that they were happy that I was able to stay. One lady even said that she was praying, 'Let Elder Larsen stay'. I felt so loved. I've found that there are all kinds of missionaries in the mission. Some relate to some members of the ward while others relate to someone else. Elder Miranda was very intense and driven. I'm more mellow and approachable. He helped me and I love him and my mission is so much better because of him.

Our president is really urging us to baptize. We have excellent investigators that will be baptized as soon as some of them get ready. There is a family of a grandma, her daughter, her daughter's husband, and their daughter that are all golden. Then there is another big family. I know we can baptize them.

All in all everything is great. I'll take some pictures of us and our house this week so I can send you some."

Com Amor
Elder Larsen #1

No comments: