Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Small World, Huh!

"You asked what I did on Easter. It was good. We went to church. Elder Miranda went to a baptism of a girl he taught before he was transferred to Campo Grande, so I was with the companion to the zone leader. We had a lunch appointment, then that night we were heading home and we were passing a member's home and it was their daughter's birthday, so we were invited in for birthday cake.

Today we've spent all day in downtown Campinas. Elder Miranda had to have some dental work done and it turns out the dentist is Mormon and studied in Utah and worked with a dentist that had an office at the 5 Points Mall in Bountiful. She asked me where I was from and when I told her, she told me she was familiar with the area. She knew about the Bountiful Temple, Bountiful High School, and even where West Bountiful is. Small world, huh!

We've had a lot of divisions lately. I've been on two with our zone leader Elder Segura, who by the way, is from Draper and, we think, lives in the same stake as your sister Annalee. I went on a third with Elder Lima who goes home in two weeks. He lives in Fortaleza. that one was interesting, because I was left in charge of the area with him as Elder Miranda went to do a baptismal interview. We had five lessons that day....really good! Monday I had my first overnight division. That was really good. I spoke almost completely in Portuguese that day and I'm thinking first in Portuguese now. I feel the language is coming along really well, and everyone says so too.

We had two promising families, but one decided to wait longer, and the other started looking for things about our church on the internet, and well, you can guess what happened. But last night, we taught the golden family---mom, dad, and six (count them 6) kids. They are all extremely open, two of the kids read and prayed about the BOM already and they will be baptised for sure.

Thanks for everything!

Elder Christian

No comments: