Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Brazil is a beautiful place (maybe not so much the city, because I've never seen a dirtier city), but the people are so wonderful! They are all friendly and warm and so diverse. The different ethnicities that intermingled after the colonial period created a very diverse population, but they are all Brazilians, and there isn't much racism.

We just got Brazilian roommates! One is even from Campinas. He has only been in the church for threee years and said that he is going to give me his mother's address so we can go teach and baptize her. When I get out in the field, I want to ask if you guys would pray specifically for that blessing.

I'm so happy in our district. I have a perfect niche, just like everyone else. Everyone suprisingly seems to be very interested in me and my life back home. I also don't think I laughed more than I have here at the MTC. Our district is so funny and we have so much fun. I've laughed myself to tears five times in the last two weeks.

Tell everyone to write me. It's probably our biggest joy here at the MTC to get mail. I love you all and can't wait until next week when I can write you again. Give Florence (the cat) and Charlie (the dog) lots of love for me. Elder Christian

No comments: