Thursday, December 27, 2007

Feliz Natal! Merry Christmas

"Today is the day after Christmas and my district's p-day. We were lucky to keep our p-day because it fell the day after Christmas. Those who had theirs' on Tuesday lost it because it fell on Christmas.

For Christmas we actually got to sleep in! We were so excited about that. We got to wear casual clothes all day until the talent show at 7 pm. In the morning we watched "The Other Side Of Heaven" in english with portuguese subtitles. After that they had the gym open and puzzles and board games set out, but my comp and I just wrote letters for awhile and then went and did the puzzles. Our branch president's wife made cookies for our entire branch--43 people! And as AP, I got to hand them all out. The talent show was the big thing of the day. I really didn't want to be in it, but everyone knows I play the piano by now, even though I'm totally not the best pianist here. So I had to accompany two people and was in the tongan HAKA dance that our district did. So I was in it three times, probably more that anybody else, which is ironic. It was really fun. I will try to send you some videos. So, anyway, Christmas was wonderful!

I got to show the new district the ropes this week. They had their first district meeting on Sunday. I conducted it and taught them how to do it. I also make assignments to each district each week as to who will do the sacrament, the hymns, the musical number, and the prayers. Mostly, I just have to be their friend and get to know and love all of them. Feliz Natal!

1 comment:

Lynnette Pierce said...

I received your blogspot site info from another siser missionary! My daughter is Sister Pierce who is also going to Campinas. She is in the same district as your son. I have some photos if you would like to contact me.
Lynnette