Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wednesday, November 21,2007
First P-Day, First e-mail from Brazil
"We just got back from the Sao Paulo temple. It is one of the most beautiful temples I've ever seen, especially inside. There is mahogany wood everywhere and beautiful stained glass.

My companion is Elder Hahne from Reno. Or district has 8 elders and three sisters. We have so much fun together! So much that sometimes it is hard for us to be reverent, but one elder who had a tough time deciding whether or not to serve a mission privately wrote us a note thanking us for our good example. We really appreciated that. Everyone seems to get along very well.

I just saw the name tags for the new elders coming in and I saw Bret Markowski's name. I'll do my best to welcome him.

Last night we had a fireside by President Charles Didier. That was a treat to have him as our first devotional speaker. We don't usually get general authorities. For these devotionals they have a volunteer choir and my companion and I have joined. Singing is by far the easiest way to learn the language.

The weather down here is fantastic. The heat and humidity aren't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I love the weather, but it isn't the hottest time of the year yet, so I'm crossing my fingers."

He ends by writing his testimony in portuguese--three lines--pretty impressive for one week. Then he requests that his family and friends refer to him by Elder Christian, not Elder Larsen, so you see we named the blog Elder Christian.

No comments: