Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Calling

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Thank you so much for the packages and letters. My entire district loves you guys! I was so excited to get the jelly bellies and the Utah quarters. Oh ya, thank you for the homemade beef jerky, that was by far the very best thing EVER! The Brazilians all love it too. My instructor Irmalo Bonetti wants to know the recipe, so will you send instructions in your next e-mail. Everyone loves it and says it's the best jerky they've ever tasted.

So far it has rained the past three P-days. It rains a lot down here, but it's wonderful and feels great. I miss the snow a little, but the decorations and candy you sent has helped to bring Christmas into our district.

On Sunday our Branch President, President Tanner called me to be the Assistant to the President (Realize, though, that being AP in the CTM is much different than being an AP in the field). I have to watch over our branch which right now consists of four districts with
8-12 members each. My calling was described as the district leader of the district leaders. I was totally humbled when President Tanner pulled me aside to call me and I felt totally humbled for the entire day. It was a new experience and I was and am greatful for the privilege. Today I get to participate in the orientation for the new district coming into our branch. I'm really excited for that!

Thanks for everything! And thanks from my entire district for all the packages you send. I love you so much. The church is true!"

No comments: