Tuesday, December 11, 2007




Saturday, December 1, 2007

First snail mail (written the day after he arrived)
"Hoy! Como Voce? That means 'Hi, how are you doing?' We're not supposed to say in English what we can say in Portuguese. I'm learning one word and phrase at a time.
It turns out that there are about five in my district of twenty that flew in with me, that I am supposed to study with, that are going to Campinas. That is more than any of the other missions. I was pretty surprised at that.

Brazil is amazing! The climate and environment remind me of Missouri, which was so beautiful. The only difference is that here there are palm trees. But the living conditions are completely different. The MTC (CTM in Portuguese) is located in a neighborhood that is nicer than some of the neighborhoods that we drove through to get here. The grounds are well kept, the building is somewhat attractive and quite impressive. It has a nice fence with guards so it is the only building that doesn't have graffiti on it.

Please tell my friends that I can't e-mail them while I'm here at the MTC and will only be able to write letters on P-Day. But, PLEASE WRITE! Everyone calls the mailbox the dissappointment box. I don't want it to be that way for me. Obrigado! (thanks)
Elder Christain Aric Larsen
Box # 09 District 46-A (address to until Jan.1, 2008)
Brazil Campinas Mission
Rua Padre Antonio D' Angelo, 121
Casa Verde, Sao Paulo, SP
BRAZIL 02516-040












No comments: