Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No Change for Me, Big Change for Elder Brewer!

"OI !

I got what I was hoping for, Elder Hillam and I stayed together! I am loving what we do so much! We are going to change a little bit though. We are going to completely cut the strings that bind us to this area, Jd Amanda, and divide much more with the zones in our third of the mission.

Transfers were yesterday and some interesting things happened. Most interesting was that Elder Brewer was made a new district leader and trainer! When the president announced the transfer, each missionary stands up. Elder Brewer stood up. The president said, "Elder Brewer will stay in the area and is being called to be a district leader...! Elder Brewer almost fell into the pew! His mouth fell open and his shoulders fell back as though the entire weight of the call fell on him all at once. Everybody laughed! Presidente, laughing, said "Oh, aren't you suprised? Let's add to it then. In addition to being a district leader, Elder Brewer, you're going to train!" That was enough. He sat down.

Monday, I divided with Elder Brewer. His companion ended his mission and was going home, so he didn't have a companion. So, because I was also in the office, I grabbed him and another missionary and took them to Jd Amanda. I worked with Elder Brewer that whole day. It was a wonderful division and a chance to catch up on a lot. Now that I think about it, he is the only elder from my group with whom I've worked. He and I marked two baptisms together and talked about a lot of doctrine in between contacts. Elder Brewer has become really meek and calm. We think everyone has changed since the MTC. Sorry, I was about to take pictures but my camera was dead. This week we are planning on going to Piracicaba, so maybe I'll get to divide with him there! Let's hope so.

Yesterday I went with another elder to an area called Monte Mor to shut the area. We had to finish up a few things and get his bags. This elder will work with another one of the assistants.

Oh! Here's something that pleased me. You know how I like to organize stuff. So last night, when I got back to the office, Elder Nunes, one of the other assistants, came up to me and said he had something that he wanted me to do. I told him that I had something that I wanted to do. He asked what it was & I told him that it was to help rearrange the president's board. He about jumped in the air, because that was exactly what he wanted me to do! It was revelation! It's really bothersome to arrange that board, because there are so many little magnets, so many numbers. Nobody likes to do it, but I wanted to do it and loved it! It's still not done, but I hope I can finish it.

That was our week. I'm sure that this coming week will be very eventful. The office elders are thankful that I'm with Elder Hillam now because everyone gets to eat the goodies in my packages. I gave almost an entire package to the departing group...Elder Clark, Elder Santana, Sister Pierce and others. So everyone thanks you!

I love you and know this church is true.

Ate mais!
Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: