Thursday, May 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

"Oi!

It was wonderful to talk to you guys on Sunday. I can't believe that we're already talking about me coming home. But I've got plenty of time left.

First off, this week is going to be cool! Here's the breakdown:
Campinas mission: 75 marked baptisms
Hortolandia region: 34 marked baptisms (our 1/3 of the mission)
Hortolandia zone: 25 marked baptisms and 9 possible baptisms

Our goals this week are:
Campinas Mission: Over 81
Horlandia Region: 50
Hortolandia Zone: 30
Jd Amanda Area: 12

That means that three records would fall: 1. most baptisms in the mission in one week; 2. most baptisms in one zone in one week and, 3. most baptisms in one area in one week.

Another cool thing I've noticed is that ever since the multi-zone conference, I've marked a baptism in almost every single lesson I've taught (and I don't think it's all Elder Hillam...I haven't taught many lessons with him). That was surprising to me.

These past two days I've spent helping in the office with whatever I can. I'm excited to go back to our area tonight, sleep in our own house, and keep teaching. Ever since the transfer, I've been to nine different areas and I've slept in five different houses. It's really busy! But, its really cool!

We had two baptisms this past weekend! Two girls, Jennifer and Larisse and will have a bunch more in the coming weeks.

This mission will pass through a thorough phase of refinement. Our teachng will be examined and critiqued and honed. I feel like I teach well, but I'm excited to see how I can improve. This mission is going to improve substantially. I'm excited and I hope that I stick with Elder Hillam for this next transfer. The transfer in this coming Tuesday (19/5/09).

I love you all and am happy. I know this is the work of the Lord and it's amazing.

Ate mais, Elder Christian Larsen

P.S. Elder Brewer was able to talk to this mom just fine. After your call I called his zone leaders and checked with them and everything is fine.

P.P.S. I saw a flyer for the Star Trek movie on the ground the other day and avoided it. That was a surprisingly huge temptation, but it looked cool and I'm excited to watch it when I come home.

No comments: