Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Elder Cook's Visit & My First Baptism Interview

"Oi

First of all, the conference with Elder Cook was wonderful! He spoke with us a lot more than we thought he would. First, he shook everybody's hand and then he started with his message. He talked about D & C 31 and about our families, that they are being blessed in every aspect of life because of our service ( I sure hope that is true!) Then, his wife had us all sing and then she talked about "Preach My Gospel". He was the main man behind that book. He didn't quiz anyone about it though. The president was afraid that would happen. He said that the planning skills that we can learn here in the mission will make a huge difference in our lives and he talked about getting stronger committments from our investigators. Then, we all went into the cultural hall where he took a picture with our mission. I bet the president will give us a copy and I'll send it to you.

This week a companionship in my district achieved the Padrao Amon! I was so happy for them! I interviewed those two baptisms ( my first interviews so far) and that was an awesome experience. I LOVED it! It was wonderful to conduct the interview. The first passed like a charm, and the second answered everything correctly and demonstrated that he had a testimony, but then at the end I asked the last question which includes 'do you feel ready to make this convenant and be faithful to it all your life?' He asked when his baptism would be (that startled me). I said tomorrow, and then he said, 'No, I don't feel ready to be baptized tomorrow.' It was like...Oh no, here we go! So we went into a long 'faith lesson' and at the end I showed him that he was feeling the Spirit and then invited him to be baptized the next day. He stopped, looked at me and said, 'do you feel that? What is that? It's so strong!' The Spirit was really strong and he accepted and was baptized. I was amazed at how successful it really was, the Spirit guided that interview.

That companionship has another baptism marked for this Sunday. The sisters in my district have two baptisms marked for the weekend and our zone leaders, who are also part of my district, have baptisms this week. I am very happy for the district.

Elder Dunn and I have a baptism marked for the 21st and we're praying for the rest of that family. They are really hard hearted, but we'll invite them to hear the lessons again this Friday.
I'm sure a miracle will occur. This is the rest of Wanderson's family. Wellington is his little brother that will be baptized and Maria Helena is his mom and William is his brother that we are praying for. Put these names in the temple today and pray that Friday, when we invite them to be taught and be baptized, they'll be touched by the Spirit.

Yesterday, we found another family that I have hope for. The dad's name is Jose. His wife died four years ago and he has four daughters. I have great hope for them.

I know this church is true! I love you and am happy!

Tschau. Elder Christian

No comments: