Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mail Every Week & Egg McMuffins

"Oi!

Wednesday we went back to a house where we marked a baptism, but the guy was going to travel. So, we went back and nobody knew that guy, but we went in and taught the mom and one son. They both accepted the baptismal invitation and the mom started to cry. We've been back everyday since, but haven't been able to teach them again. We'll see how it goes, but that lesson was really spiritual.

Friday I had two more baptisimal interviews to do, this time for my zone leaders. That was a good division. I stayed with Elder Carvalhal in his area. He has become a friend of mine.

Saturday and Sunday were the most hectic of all. Saturday night I had another baptismal interview to do, but we went there and he was on his way out because his niece was in the hospital. He committed to going to church, so I would interview him there. So, I slept over in the 4th Ward house and went to their ward instead of my own while Elder George went to my ward with Elder Dunn. The baptism never showed up, but it was interesting to attend a ward that wasn't my own! That was sort of an unexpected division. Yesterday, I did a real division with the 4th Ward elders and it was a very productive day. We taught a lot and found a lot of new people. This morning we undid the division at McDonald's and I ate two Egg McMuffins with passion fruit juice!

The Padrao Amon (Ammon Standard of Excellence) for our mission has gone up. Three baptisms, 5 baptisms marked, 10 investigations in church, 12 lessons with members, and 14 new investigators per week and 10 baptisms per month.

My companion and I are getting along great. He has to be buoyed up a lot because of the language. He gets discouraged easily, but he is adjusting and learning and loved the division yesterday. I get mail every week now because the zone leaders all have a meeting with the president every week in Campinas and now they're allowed to pick up the mail.

I am happy and tired today. I'll rest a lot this pday. I love you all and I know this is the Lord's work. Tschau!"

Elder Christian

No comments: