Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hectic Week as District Leader

"Oi!

Well, sorry that I wasn't able to send you an email yesterday (Note: parents beginning to hyperventilate). No, pday has not changed, but yesterday was a huge hassel with my visa so there wasn't time to do anything. Everybody from my group had to go to Campinas for the routine visa renewal and it took all day long. Everything went well. I saw everybody again...E. Benson, E. Hahne, E. Brewer, S. Pierce.. and aside from them Elder Larsen, who helped us renew our visas. Everyone else was able to send out emails yesterday, but I wasn't so the president let me do it today.

The office elders did receive your package and they thank you for it. The district meeting on Monday was a big success. I gave my first training and did a practice of the second visit that was really spiritual and made me feel really confident about how I can teach that. I felt perfectly confident and at home in front of everyone teaching even though I was super nervous the whole week before it. I know it was the spirit that strengthened me. Tomorrow I'll do my first baptismal interviews for a companionship in my district. I'm excited for that. There are only four elders and two sisters in my district.

After the meeting we did a division with the assistants. They were in our zone to observe and one went with me and the other went with the other companionship here in Rio Claro. That was a great day. We talked to everybody, and we found 14 new people and one HUGE family of seven people! Today we'll return to this family and teach the lesson that I practiced at the meeting. I'm sure that the Lord will again strengthen me and the Spirit will be strong enough for them to commit to be baptized. You can pray for them. Their names are Marcos, Adriane, Taileza, Anderson, Alison, Alexia, and Elivelton. Likewise, we'll return to someone the AP said he felt was elect: Devanir and Joziel.

Something super exciting is going to happen on Saturday!!! Elder Quentin L. Cook is coming to our mission!!! He is down here in Brazil for 10 days and he'll preside at a stake conference in a stake in our mission and he found one hour to talk to all the missionaries on Saturday. He is the man responsible for "Preach My Gospel." This will be a huge blessing for our mission and surely he'll leave an apostolic blessing over our mission! I'm super excited!

I love you all and am happy and anxious to work hard. This church is true!

Elder Christian

No comments: