Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baptism, Bishop, and Scooby Doo!

"Oi!

Ok, this Sunday was interesting. We got a new bishop. This really good, because our other bishop was kind of "burned out". This bishop is young, excited, has lived in the US and has already been a bishop. This is really going to be good!

Did I tell you that we marked the baptism of Wanderson's dad? He'll be baptized on the 17th and he is firm. Wanderson will baptize him.

We also met two new families yesterday....Monica and Nelson...and Norberto and Teresa. I really want to baptize them. I think Norbert and Teresa will be the hardest, because they are kinda apathetic, but the Spirit can change anything.

As you noticed Elder Santana is my most challenging companion yet. It's because he has never made senior, so it is my goal to help get him there so he can be transferred. LOL!

Last week I emailed the president about your concern that I'm stressed out and he said, 'The time for rest is called pday. Every day from 10:30 to 9:30 give it your all.' I also told him about J. Dell sitting next to Bednar and Uchtdorf at the Jazz game and he said that he'd like to watch a game sometime with me in the US and remember these days of sacrifice and hard work. That would be a cool experience.

The bishop's wife has a request. She is concerned that her little sons are forgetting English, so she wondered if you could go to the Dollar Tree (because it's cheap) and find some children's DVDs and send them down to me. She says she'll pay me back in reais. She has one of the nativity that she showed me as an example. I'm sure you can find something great and she'd be really thankful. PS. Her little boy loves Scooby Doo. Her son's are named Gabriel (12 anos), Vinicius (9), and Mateus (4). The DVDs are for Mateus. She asked if I got packages and I told her that no one gets more than I do, so send one for her please. Thank you!

I love you all and I' very happy. I know this church is true."

Com Amor
Elder Christian"

No comments: