Wednesday, January 21, 2009

District Leader and Trainer!

"Oi!

So we had transfers and mission conference yesterday. It was really good. President Castro Deus is truly guiding the mission by revelation.

The story that you sent this week (about your mission call in Germany to district leader) is interesting because I was called as a district leader and trainer yesterday. My companion is Elder Dunn from Colorado. He looks like a big Samoan and when our names were announced I went up to the front to get him. We hugged and he picked me up! Ha Ha! The mission won't forget that! He doesn't speak any Portuguese, of course. I get to teach him everything! This will be cool! The hard thing will be being district leader. I have no idea how to be a district leader or give trainings to the missionaries. But it's all good!

Elder Rossi was made a zone leader and Elder Hahne was sent to the office to be Elder Larsen's companion. Elder Santanna didn't return to being senior and now I don't know if he ever will. BUT, he did qualify himself, so I did my part.

The two baptisms of Quiterio and Kamilla went off without any problem. Wanderson baptized his father and it was kinda hard to get him under the water (he's a big guy). We now have to baptize Kamilla's parents. That's what I'm worried about this week. I hope the spirit will guide us in doing everything necessary to baptize them.

We're gonna get new cell phones and as district leader I'll have infinite credit to call the missionaries! We'll also be getting a washing machine soon. I got the package with the pillow cases and they felt like they just got out of the dryer! It was so wonderful! I also got a Christmas package from Becca. She sent me a teddy bear and a bunch of candy. Oh, ya, I would very much like the Church News and the missionary announcements still. And now, we'll get mail every single week.

This is funny. At the beginning of the conference President Castro Deus announced the trainers and then did the transfers. Sister Castro Deus then spoke and at the beginning of her remarks, she said, 'it seems like everyone is most excited when the trainers are announced, but I think everyone was waiting to see when Elder Christian Larsen's name was called because everyone wants to be his companion. He gets so many packages! His greenie is really lucky to have him as a trainer!' LOL! Everyone laughed at that...it's so true!

I'll be honest. I'm a little intimidated by this new dual call as DL and trainer, but I can do it! I know that this church is true and that this mission is guided by God through revelation. I love you and am happy!"

Elder Christian

No comments: