Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Utah 48....BYU 24!!!

"Oi,
I'm super happy about the U of U/BYU game. These past few months as BYU was winning everything, Elder Clark and Elder Nodal have been rubbin it in a lot, and now Utah is in the spot BYU was in. I'll be sure not to rub it in though. The Lord cursed BYU for pride. LOL. ha ha

Stake conference was wonderful, but none of the ward splitting happened. That's because the first that our mission president had heard about it was in my interview with him. That's not good, he needs to know. So, I bet it will divide here soon. I got to go to all of the sessions of stake conference! I was super happy about that and I learned a lesson that I would not have otherwise learned.

I was sitting up on the stand observing all the stake leaders interact with each other and with the stake members and I noticed that they all had super social personalities...super good conversationalists, ya know that type. then I went down and there was an Asian couple making their way through the crowd, doing nothing more than nod and smile to most people, not social at all. I thought, 'there's no way he's a big leader here in the stake, I wonder what his calling is?' Well, imagine my surprise when this man was called as the stake president. His attitude was not a result of his new calling as he hadn't received his call when I first saw him. But the Lord taught me that anyone can be called, and that there is no perfect personality type for a leader.

His wife is full of the Spirit. When she spoke on Sunday, she told everyone that she found a quote by President Eyring that says, basically, that the Lord will give us more than sufficient capacity to do what he calls us to do. She wrote that phrase down during the week with the intent to give it to the new stake president (or at least his wife). Imagine her surprise when she found out that the new stake president would be her husband!

The choir sang very well and I played very well also. Everyone complimented me (I felt like a rock star!) which made me feel very good, because the piano is something that I know I do well. Even if I don't feel like the perfect missionary, I know I did play the piano well and that I helped a lot of people with that.

We will have Thanksgiving. There's a super rich family in the ward that invites the missionaries every year and they invited us. But I called the president and he said that we could go if there was an investigator there. The family, however, didn't want to invite anyone else outside of the family, so we weren't going to go. But, she called the president and changed his mind...Oh my! Oh well, we'll get Thanksgiving! I'll send pictures. It's tomorrow.

I love you and am working hard. I'm going to the post office right now to find a box to ship a Christmas present to you. It's cool!

Ate pday" Elder Christian

No comments: