Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving at Paulo & Keiko's

"Oi!

Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was very fancy, but very American. We went over to Paulo and Keikos's and the whole house was decked out in Christmas. They had invited the new stake president because Paulo is also newly called to the stake presidency. I talked to Pres. Kawaii about the division of the ward and he said that it is happening, that it would happen at the beginning of the new year. He was very excited and supportive of us. Paulo and Keiko also invited two other families from our ward and one family from the other ward. I know all of them well and it was awesome! The turkey was perfect, the pumpkin pie as well. We are so visiting Brazil after my mission and I'll introduce you to this family. They are one of my favorites of my whole mission.

The best news is that we got a new Ward Mission Leader, Brother Iglezia! He was just released from the stake presidency and I bet is probably the best member in both of the wards combined. I could not be happier about his call.

Today we are going to Campinas to buy some clothes for Elder Nodal. I don't need anything, but I will look for music. I want to ask you to send the "Called to Serve" MoTab CD and the new MoTab Christmas CD called "Rejoice and Be Merry." Also try to send some orchestrated hymns and classical music (can you specifically look for Vivaldi, he has a bunch of beautiful violin music). I bet you can find a set of classical music with a bunch of music for cheap. Pres. just gave us new rules about music, so I have to refurbish my ipod when I get the chance. We can listen to anything from MoTab, any orchestrated hymns (on any classical instrument) and any classical music.

Oh, and guess what, my shoes already have a hole in them, do you believe it. I'll send a picture to you next week.

We don't know anything about transfers, but we both want to stay. Elder Nodal because he wants to pass Christmas here, and I because I want to work with Irmao Iglezia. We'll see what happens.

Oh, also this is cool. At lunch on Sunday, the member's parents were over and they just got back from a church history mission. He finished the mission, but is slow on writing the book, so I told him that I would bother him about this until the book is published and that I would do everything I could to help him. This was a surprise to me, but I really want to come back down here for a few weeks after the mission and help him put the book together. They have hundreds of stories of the pioneers in Brazil and this stuff is amazing and has to be published. We have a lot to do down here in Brazil in one year. LOL.

I love you and am working hard. Ate logo! Enjoy your acai!"

Elder Christian

No comments: