Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ward Divided....Urgent Choir Assignment!

Oi!
First, I'll answer your questions...
Yes, I got the debit card and it works. I haven't sent the package yet because I bought a small box and have to get a different one. We will go to the post office today and I think I can send it back next week. I bet it will cost a bundle. The next transfer is Dec. 9. I don't want to get transferred, but I bet I will. We have interviews tomorrow and I'll tell the Pres that I don't want to get transferred. I'll tell you why, it's really exciting. My zone has 14 elders and 2 sisters. My district has 4 of those elders and the 2 sisters. I assure you they would love anything.

So anyway, this week is super exciting! I'm more excited this week than any other week of my mission so far!!! We have stake conference on Sunday and the ward is going to divide!!!!

Remember how when I arrived here in Vindedo Elder Hancock told me that it was our goal to create a branch in the 'Bairro Capella.' (translated it means 'The Chapel Neighborhood') Well, it's going to happen, and what's more, it's going to be a full blown ward! Not just a branch. It's secret for now. I can't tell anyone here. Also, we're getting a new stake presidency and Elder Ulisses Soares of the First Quorum of the Seventy is coming. Exciting, huh!

What more?? Sunday night the ward called us urgently and said that the choir director had all of a sudden changed the music and that the pianist couldn't learn it in time, so they asked me to accompany the choir at the conference. I told them that the only thing I wanted in return were references of people inside the condominiums...so what did I get ...10 references! A choir of nonmember people will sing at the Itatiba and Socorro Wards in December and the stake has already prepared a thank you basket for each person, so I told them to give the baskets to us and we'll go teach them! How awesome! We've gotten up at 5 am this week to find time to practice. One of the pieces is a 7 page Be Still, My Soul, and another is a 4 page Silent Night. I've got them down, too. Suzanne (his music teacher) would be proud! And the cool thing is that I now get to go to the Saturday night adult session, which I otherwise would not have been able to go to.

And the best part? We have 5 baptisms marked for the 30th. Aginaldo, Cris, and Itala, a family of three is firm. another Marcos, accepted in the first lesson and is firm. Another Lucas accepted in the second lesson and is firm and excited!

Because of the split, I'll lose those 10 references and one of the baptisms, but that's ok...the Lord has a HUGE harvest waiting for us. If Bairro Capela wasn't prepared last week, it sure will be next week. Because the ward is dividing, the Lord is sending another legion of angels to help us! HOORAY!

I love you all and know that the church is true. Pray that we may find new, elect families, that they will accept the challenge and attend church and be baptized.

Elder Christian

No comments: