Thursday, March 20, 2008

SHOCKING EXPERIENCE!!!!

"Sorry I didn't e-mail yesterday, there was a problem so we had to use the internet today.

So, first guess what? Our shower is broken so we can only take cold showers, but that's not the worst, the entire bathroom and kitchen are electrified so that anything metal shocks us when we touch it. Crazy huh! It's really funny when you stop to think about it. (Note: his parents don't share the same sense of humor regarding this issue!)

So, the baptism last Saturday was great. The spirit was strong and I was really happy. Everything went well. Afterwards we had a Relief Society activity to go to which was really good. I really enjoyed it because I was actually able to interact and have fun. Although I don't speak much Portuguese, it was a real boost to me.

I have a few things to ask of you for a package. The bishop's wife asked me to ask you for an English hymn book. She asked me to teach her the piano so she can play when I get transfered. Also, would you send me a copy of The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Thank you so much!

The church is true, Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I love you."
Elder Christian

1 comment:

Steve Swenson said...

Hi this is Elder Christian's friend Steve Swenson. What is this special way to write him that he keeps talking about and how do I use it? My email is steve-o_swede@comcast.net and my cell is 801-814-5541