Wednesday, March 12, 2008

NEW ZIP CODE

"I am still in Campo Grande and still with Elder Miranda. The president said that we will stay in our areas for 5 or 6 transfers from now until he changes his mind. I bet that I'll be transferred next time though. Elder Miranda says that I was the only American greenie not transferred last time. He says that means we are doing good work. The baptism I told you about last week is scheduled for this Saturday. We just got back from a Churrascaria (this is like Rodizio Grill). A member and her husband treated us to it and it felt like home. I am stuffed!!!

Oh, thank you so much for asking my friends to come over and use missionties. That is such a treat to get mail from them. This is important! THE ZIP CODE FOR THE MISSION OFFICE HAS CHANGED. It is now 13010-215. Let everyone know please!

Tell Casey (Casey Bangerter) to bring a pillow, "501 Portuguese Verbs", a big strong umbrella, lots of garments, socks, a small picture book of family, friends, and home, and TWO bottles of PANCAKE SYRUP for Pancake Day at the CTM. The pancakes are good, but only with good syrup! He will be everyone's favorite elder if he has good maple syrup on pancake day. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

The language is good. I'm starting to have and understand more conversations. I want to speak correctly. Nobody here does, so it's harder. I hope that someday they transfer me to Estaca Flambouyant where people do speak Portuguese correctly. These past two months have FLOWN by, whereas the two months in the CTM seemed to take forever.

Obrigado tudo" Elder Christian

No comments: