Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mission Goal for March--300 Baptisms

"Oi!

Well, it was transfer week and Elder Dunn was transferred. I went to Campinas on Monday with Elders Carvalhal and Baretto for the leadership meeting and found out there that he would be transferred. He was really sad. I was kinda disappointed, but it was normal, lol. My new companion is Elder Diniz, a Brazilian. I am so excited to be working with him. He is excited and always happy.

Monday night I got to stay the night in Campinas at Elder Clark's house! Oh! It was just like old times! He is the ZL in my very first zone, so on the bus ride to his house I passed through my first area! We went with him from the meeting to a family home evening where they invited the investigator family to visit the temple with them today....and they will! I was with Elder Batista, my old ZL in Piracicaba and my fellow DL here in Rio Claro. Elder Lima (my ZL from Zona Itatiba) and Elder Brown (my trainer's comp after me) and Elder J. Miranda (I don't know him) were also there. We ate a lots of pizza!

Yesterday was the mission conference and it was by far the best, most motivating conference we've had yet. The mission is going to baptize 300 this month. That's our goal and I completely believe that we'll reach it. I've never seen the mission more united. All the leaders have to baptize 10 people....FAMILIES! COMPLETE FAMILIES! Everyone else has to baptize 4 people. I feel like I've got a lot of faith right now...like we could baptize everybody! So pray that I'll continue to have this kind of faith!

Today, we went to the temple. I saw Zilda, the bishop's wife from Campo Grande. She says that she is excited to meet you guys and that when we come back down here after my mission, the barbeque is still on! At the conference, the elders from Campo Grande told me that she asks about me often. I thought that was cool...one year later that ward still remembers me.

Oh, here's another interesting fact. Because Elder Carvalhal and I are both staying in Rio Claro, I'll have lived with him for more time than any other missionary. I told him that he is more blessed that any other missionary in the mission. LOL.

Our stake president here in Rio Claro, President Pavan, was just called to be mission president in Porto Alegre North, so we'll get a new stake president. Elder Caludio R. M. Costa of the Presidency of the Seventy ( and my guess for the next apostle) will be here for our conference! YAY!

Our mission president told us that the true "warriors" of the Brazil Campinas Mission would be born in this transfer, that those who really believed in what he said and what he taught us would see the hand of God in their area. I want to be one of them. I want so badly to rise to this challenge to baptize 10 people...to baptize complete families....to baptize 300 missionwide! Pray for this. I will.

I love you all and am super happy! I know God lives and loves us and that this is Christ's church and Christ's work! Miracles are going to happen!"

Tchau! Elder Christian

No comments: