Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Welcome Maria!

"This week was interesting, a little hard because it seemed like we were rejected a lot more and our numbers were really low, but we baptized Maria! I got to do the baptism too. I will also confirm her this coming Sunday! YAY!

Her baptism was great. The happiest moment of the whole week was actually when Elder Rossi and I were cleaning the chapel for the baptism. When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God. I was kinda nervous during the baptism, because it was my first to perform, but all went perfectly. But while we were cleaning, I wrote WELCOME MARIA on the chalk board. When she arrived at the chapel and saw it, she was overwhelmed. I was sitting down so she kissed the top of my head! We took pictures at the baptism that I'll mail to youl

Sunday we had stake conference, but it was a little different. It was broadcast to all the stakes in the states of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Elder Scott and President Eyring spoke. It was perfect for Maria, because Elder Scott spoke about the immense value of women. That God counts their tears and that they have such great value that they should never discount. It was really good for her, because she used to be really negative, especially about herself. But, now, she's changing for the better.

It's getting cold here (only 60...we're wimps here in Brazil), but we have extra blankets to use. I use the raincoat you sent as a jacket and it works great. My favorite time now is study time before we leave, because I get to wear my hoodie and it's so comfy and warm.

I love you and pray for you and am working hard. I know this is the work of the Lord.

Sorry this is belated but: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!"

Elder Christian

No comments: