Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Transfer.....Which Elder Larsen?

"Well, I've been transferred! Here's the story, it's kinda funny. The AP called last night and told us that Elder Larsen would be transferred...well, of course, we asked which one? He said that my comp would be and that I would stay. So, my comp spent all night long packing his bags. His bags are completely broken, so when we left for the transfer meeting his wheels wouldn't turn and were ground flat, so it was really hard to take them and we had to call a taxi. Well, we got there REALLY late. We walked in and everyone was like..'OS LARSEN CHEGARAM!' (The Larsens have arrived). Well, the president announced our transfer and it turns out that I was the one transferred and he was staying. The AP's sure messed up on that one! So, we had to go
back to our house in another taxi and I had to pack my stuff. I've yet to go to my new area, which is in another city almost two hours away. It's in Piracicaba. I'm in the Piracibaba 8th ward. It's going to be good. My comp is Elder Rossi, from Brasilia, and doesn't speak a lick of English, so I'm going to really progress in Portuguese this time. It's going to be cool. My only regret is that Elder Larsen had a goal to baptize with every one of his companions and he never baptized with me. I feel really bad about that and hope that some day we can fix that. We both have a lot of time left on the mission, so who knows?

I think it is awesome that you are going to Elder Segura's homecoming. He has been awesome and I've wanted to be a missionarry like him from the beginning. I respect him and love him and hope to see him after the mission.

I am writing to Casey today to send next week. He's going to the highest baptising mission in Brasil. In Fortaleza they baptise about 600 people a month. Compare that to Campinas' 170 in December which was the highest in many years. He'll love it there.

Thanks for the pictures and the packages I've received. It will be harder to get and share packages now that I'm so far away from the center of Campinas.

I love you and I miss you and I'm working hard.

Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: