Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Six Months--Burn A Tie Time!

"Sunday was awesome, I was so happy to talk to you guys. (Mother's Day).

This week is my zone leader's last week. Elder Segura goes home this Tuesday. Holy cow, I am going to miss him. He's really the only zone leader that I've known up until now. Monday at our zone meeting we sang 'We can be together forever someday' in Portuguese. He almost cried. I have the video. I don't blame him. It's gotta be hard. He's the one who lives in Draper. But anyway, he's going home!

Yesterday I went on a division with our zone leaders and I stayed with Elder Santos in his area. We ran into a drunk walking down the road quacking! The first street contact I made that day turned out to be the patriarch's son. I didn't realize that until half way through....oops! We ended the day by teaching the absolute best family I have ever met here in Brazil. They are so happy, so fun, and so curious! The zone leaders dang well better baptize them.

Here's something interesting. The buses are on strike! This is really inconvenient, because we have to take the bus to and from our area each day. I don't know what will happen if we can't use the bus or convince a member to give us a ride. We'll probably have to work here in our zone leaders's area, which would be good for them, because they have two areas. But I pray that the buses will start to work. Hmm...I wonder what will happen with transfers if buses are still on strike. I REALLY hope that I will stay with Elder Larsen for at least one more transfer.

You're right about my friends. I have really good friends. I don't think I ever realized how much they really do love me and respect me. I was humbled by that during the phone call.

I can't believe that it is still snowing there. It's in the 70s here and EVERYBODY is freezing! Everybody dresses their dogs up because they think it's freezing. Everyone has like 4 layers on. Everyone is shocked that we aren't cold in our short sleeves.

So, this morning Elder Krueger and Elder Thompson showed up. When I got out Elder Krueger hugged me and was all like 'Parabens!! Today is your 6 month mark!! I hadn't even realized it. Tonight I think I'll burn a tie!

Well, we are going. Thank you for all the packages, letters, and love. I love all of you. Tschau!
Elder Christian Larsen

1 comment:

Merrill Family said...

Christian has already served one fourth of his mission. That is amazing! We're glad to hear that he is doing well and that you got to talk with him on Mother's Day.
-Merrills