Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Teaching and Understanding

"I heard about President Hinckley's death Monday at our district meeting. It makes me sad. I will miss him especially because he is practically the only prophet I've ever known. I know that President Monson is called of God and will lead the church further than we can imagine right now.

As for teaching experiences, that's all we've been doing. We've taught 22 lessons (in two weeks), most about the restoration, but a few about the plan of salvation. My companion, Elder Miranda, says that we should hope to be teaching more. I have taught half and he has taught half at each lesson. I can see progress in my Portuguese. I am slowly beginning to understand others and can respond simply. We have one investigator, named Hugo, that we are particularly excited about. We are pretty sure we will baptise him. There are at least two other families that I am hopeful about. For your information, I've played the piano at every meeting.

The weather is cool, overcast, and rainy off and on. My comp says this started the very day I arrived and hasn't let up since. We really think that the Lord is blessing us with the weather I want because I am here. I am SO SO grateful for this weather, because otherwise it would be extremely hot! I really hope that it keeps up.

Thank you for everything and especially all your prayers. I'm grateful for all the letters. Please everybody, keep writing. I get my mail once every three weeks, so write lots!

Eu te Amo, Christian

No comments: