Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Road to Campinas

"I just arrived in Campinas today and p-day ends in a minute so this is really short. Sorry!

My companion is fantastic! He used to be a zone leader and he and I are opening an area that hasn't had missionaries for over a year. I am kinda surprised that they would assign a greenie to open an area. It seems like a privilege and a lot of responsibility and work. I am excited!

I feel good! I am not worried about anything. I am excited to be out in the field. My president is amazing! He interviewed me and it was almost completely in portuguese. He asked me if I had a testimony of the Savior and to tell him about that. Then he said that I had a strong spirit and he knows that I will baptize many, many people. They want us to baptize every week and teach the first lesson twice a day. Last month there were 170 baptisms and the average is 140.

I am happy here! I love you all. Tchau!

No comments: