Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Tale of Two Temples

Last week the internet ate his e-mail so we only got a couple of paragraphs. He reported, "for bad luck! I just wrote the longest email of my life and the internet died on me.... so I don't have any more time left. But today my district got to go to the Campinas temple! How exciting! It is really beautiful and impressive. Neither (the Sao Paulo or Campinas) is as big or impressive as the SLC or Bountiful temples, but this has been by far the best. Afterwards we walked to the back of the temple and saw the city of Campinas spread out in front of us and we were very impressed and those of us who are going there were excited to be assigned there."

This weeks' email avoided being eaten by the internet:

"Today was amazing. I've had an amazing week. Today we went to the Sao Paulo temple and guess what? I ran into Kirk Simmonds! (for those not acquainted, Elder Simmonds is from our same stake, assigned to a Sao Paulo mission). I was sooooo excited! Actually he saw me before I saw him and he ran up to me and was like 'ELDER LARSEN' and he was smiling and happy to see me. We talked for a long time and then again for a few minutes after the temple. He is doing great and is a real humble and powerful missionary. He had a lot of good advice and we were so happy to see each other.

Yesterday our Brazilian roommates left. We were all very sad about that because we love them, but we are going to write to each other. They only have to stay in the MTC for 19 days because they don't learn english like we learn portuguese. Sister Kitchen left for her mission, too. The trio of sisters is now a duo. Our district is so lucky to have sisters. There are so few and we have three! I really don't know what we would do without them.

I'm so excited to go out to the field. I am not worried about the language. I've just accepted that I can only speak a little right now and I know that I will improve immensely in the field."

No comments: