Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Investigators and Wild Monkeys

"This week was great! We met two of the key indicators (goals) for the Ammon Pattern of Excellence. We found 15 new investigators (we needed 14)and we taught 12 lessons with members (we needed 12). We only lacked 8 investigators in church (we had 2) and 2 baptisms, but those come as a consequence or blessing of meeting this key indicators. I was so super happy anyway!

We had a division this week with Elder Bowers (my old distric leader in Piracicaba, who is now my district leader here) and his comp., Elder Madsen. Elder Madsen stayed with me in Vinhedo because he needed to get qualified. That was a good day... he's an awesome missionary. I helped him with his qualification and he did very well.

This week was a week of revelation also. I was reading an article by Pres. Packer and he cited Alma 10: 6, so I opened to it and read the description of Amulek in Alma 10:4-11 and felt to powerfully and clearly that at lunch that day the members would know someone who met that description and would become a great leader in baptisms. It was so powerful! We met Sebastian last night who had been taught but didn't get baptized, who was RICH and lost everything, and who said that he wants to get baptized as fast as possible. The only thing left is for him to get married, but his wife doesn't even want to hear the lessons. He is fasting, praying, and going to church, and we scheduled his baptism for September 13 (because of getting married). Pray for his wife that we can teach her and she will accept. He wasn't presented to by these members, but they are the members that live the closest, so I thought, wow, could this be our Amulek. It's pretty powerful!

Also, I was studying an old conference Ensign and turned to the GA page and saw Pres. Ucthdorf, E. Cook, E. Christofferson in their old places in the Seventy and was so happy! I thought about all of the brethern around them and thought how happy they must have been on the call of these men to the Quorum and related to that because I felt joy for Elder McEwen when he was called to be a zone leader. He, like they, received higher opportunities and responsibilities and I couldn't help but be happy for him. It's really cool. (Did I tell you that Elder McEwen has baptized more that any other missionary in the mission...HE WAS MY COMP)!

I saw wild monkeys for the first time yesterday, they were really little and cute and we got really close.

I love you and am really happy! Ate mais!

Elder Christian Larsen

No comments: