Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Baptism/First Dr. Visit

"We had our first baptism last Saturday. It was really great, but the best part happened right before the baptism. My comp had to do a baptism interview in another area. We actually ended up being stranded in that area because the bus wasn't going to leave for another 1/2 hour and it was already time for the baptism. So we called Hugo (the guy we were baptising) and told him that we would be late and he said that he would rather come and pick us up than wait. So he came, picked us up and said, 'I would come pick you up even if you were in Sao Paulo because I WILL be baptised today'. How amazing, what faith!

This week has been loooooooong! I got sick right after I emailed you on Wed. last week. We called Sister Castro Deus (wife of mission president) on Sunday and went to the doctor on Monday and got medicine. It was interesting because here it is standard prodecure to hook you up to an IV to give you medicine, instead of popping a pill like at home. That freaked me out! It was also scary not being able to speak Portuguese to the doctors, but Elder Miranda is awesome! The medicine that they gave me made me really sleepy and I nearly fell asleep on the bus and at lunch so we went home and I slept for a long time.

I can't wait to get the packages. I hope you included peanut butter! But I am most excited to get letters from everyone. Thank you for everything. I love you and can't wait to talk to you again. Tschau. Elder Christian.

No comments: