Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Miracle Baptism...More Coming!

"This week was good, VERY tiring, but good. I think that I told you about what happened with Aparacida. Not this past Sunday, the Sunday before that we filled up the font after church and taught her and her husband that day and invited them to be baptized that night. That made a deep impression on her, deep enough that the following Tuesday she told her son that she wanted to be baptized the following Saturday. He immediately called me and told me and she was baptized by him on that Saturday. At the baptism she told me that she really wanted me to baptize her... even more than her son! But we both thought it better that he baptize her and I confirm her.... since I have the Melchizedek Priesthood and he does not. That was really good. That was a miracle baptism. We're working for another miracle baptism this week...Luiz, her husband. I think that he needs a lesson about agency and the atonement, that he has to act, make the choice. He is a "dry Mormon"... he only lacks the baptism.

I'm very happy about our other investigators. Joao Batista is totally elect. I can't even describe him! This is the guy that called to us on the street. He just needs to go to church and then I'm positive that he'll accept baptism. His wife and daughter are more difficult. His wife accepted the first visit, but then we met her in the street and she said (very happily and almost laughing) that she was 'passionate' about her church, that she believes that it is the only true church, and that is where she cries and feels good and that she would never, ever, ever change. The daughter does nothing more than study. She's very nice but she fights with her parents. I think they are probably a little overbearing, so she doesn't want anything to do with anything. Pray for them. Send their names to the temple. Joao Batista, Adelia, and Isadora. He is stake president material.

We have lots of other investigators. All of them are working on various problems, but they're all really good people. This weekend the other ward is throwing a big open house. It's HUGE and we're working with those missionaries to put this on, because it will affect both wards. I'm excited for this. Pray for the well being of our investigators, that they will act according to the knowledge they have so they can be touched by the spirit and choose to be baptized. But pray also that they will attend this open house and that many members will participate and be profoundly affected.

Dad, you should see the campaigning down here. They have an annoying peculiarity here called the sound car. They go around playing jingles for the candidates all day long! They congregate in the most densly populated neighborhoods where we also are and it begins to really get on your nerves.

This coming Tuesday are transfers. But, we're working and praying that Luiz can be baptized. I love you and am happy. Ate mais!

Elder Christian

No comments: